QuickBooks includes a collection of payroll reports which provides a lot of imperative information to the interested party in just one glance. It is helpful for those who run their payroll system on their own and are quite aware of the everyday challenges faced in providing and performing payroll tasks correctly and authentically.
Payroll report is a systematic report of payroll totals by employee for a specific period of time. In order to avoid either any sort of confrontation with annoyed employees or face the wrath of Government and IRS officials it is important that all the following payroll tasks are done accurately and reliably.
In continuation with QuickBooks Payroll Generating payroll reports in QuickBooks provides a lot of imperative information to the interested party in just one glance. For those who run their payroll system on their own are quite aware of the everyday challenges faced in providing and performing payroll tasks correctly and authentically. In order to avoid either any sort of confrontation with annoyed employees or face the wrath of Government and IRS officials it is important that all the following payroll tasks are done accurately and reliably:
- Calculation of hours worked by an employee.
- Deciding Pay Rates
- Withholding and other benefits opted.
- Accurate filing and payment of Payroll taxes.
This is where QuickBooks comes in and simplifies all the payroll processes. All the details regarding the payroll and employee is consolidated under Payroll center and employee center respectively. Both the centers comprises of details added by the user at the time of setting up the software along with imperative tools needed to determine the taxes and runs of the pay.
The best way to do all of the above is by generating Payroll reports in QuickBooks itself as they provide overview of all the imperative pieces of information in payroll along with according the user with the full payroll history. But first need is to be clear about what exactly are Payroll reports.
- What are Payroll Reports?
- How to Create Payroll Summer in Quickbooks
What are Payroll Reports?
Pay reports are nothing but a document created using the account details and records of a company or business that is someway related to payroll. They are designed with the information provided of payroll transactions for specific time period. They can cover from one single period of pay to multiple pay periods like for every quarter or annually.
Basic payroll report itself consists of many components that are not only for this report but also for the business. For any particular pay period chosen the base of it are the wages and salaries garnered by the employees of the company for that particular period. Apart from calculating the gross amount for wages and salary, they close net amount paid to the employee.
How to Create Payroll Summer in Quickbooks
To create and generate Payroll Report (Summary) in QuickBooks carefully follow the steps illustrated below:
Components included in Payroll Summary Report are:
- Employee’s wages, adjustments and taxes.
- Net pay
- Leaves, both vacation and sick, taken.
- Contributions and taxes of the employer.
It is important to keep in mind that the dates which are pulled are done so from paychecks and not the pay period dates.
1. Creating Payroll Summary Report:
- Open QuickBooks software and then from the menu bar select the Reports tab, followed by the option called Employees & Payroll from drop down menu and then select Payroll Summary tab.
- Now the set range for the Dates:
- Go to Dates tab and from the drop down menu select the date range
- Another option is to directly use the ‘From’ and ‘To’ option and enter the preferred range in the space available.
- Now right click mouse and select Refresh option on anywhere in the report.
- In case you wish to remove the Hours or rate column follow the below enumerated directions:
- Go to Customize Report tab and click on it.
- In the screen labeled Display uncheck the Hour and rate checkboxes and then select OK button.
- By using the Filters tab you can also add Pay Periods.
- In order to print the created report click on Print tab followed by Report.
- To change Printer settings select print tab and then settings option.
2. In order to Run the Report for one specific employee:
- Go to Dashboard of QuickBooks and then select Employee Center.
- Locate and select the employee name from the left section of the window.
- To select the type of report you want to run for this particular employee, go to top section on right side. The options available are:
- Payroll Summary
- Quick Report
- Paid Time Off
- Payroll Transaction Detail.
- Now type in the dates you require.
- Change printer settings, if needed, and then click on Print.
3. To Export the Payroll Summary Report to Excel
- Once the report is generated, go to Excel tab.
- From the drop down menu either select Create New Worksheet or opt for Update Existing Worksheet.
- In case of 2nd option, Update Existing Worksheet, select the Browse button and then locate the worksheet.
- Now click on Advance button which will result in screen called Advanced Excel Options.
- Uncheck the checkboxes in the column.
- Click OK and then click Export option.
Few Related QuickBooks Payroll Questions:
- How Can I Use QuickBooks Payroll for Mac 2013 on 2 Different Macs?
- How do I eliminate bonus from a QuickBooks payroll (employee’s salary) and from printing on payroll stub?
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Get instant help for Payroll install, update, tax table, import, incorrect form, tracking, reporting, missing records, and other errors, issues, or problems. Experts are available 365 days a year to assist you all the time.
What is a payroll summary report?
The payroll summary report acts as a significant source to review and verify the payroll information, including paid workers depending on a date range. The report contains sections like Withholding Taxes, Deductions, Employer taxes, and Wages.
How do I print payroll reports on QuickBooks desktop?
💠Locate Reports option
💠Select Payroll Summary through Employee Report
💠Search the dates as per preferences
💠Hit on Run Report
💠Discover the drop-down arrow appearing in the upper right side of the screen
💠Click on Export to Excel
💠Locate the downloaded file and then print it
What components are there in the Payroll report in QuickBooks?
💠Employee adjustments, taxes, and wages
💠Leaves including vacation & sick taken
💠Employer contributions & taxes