What is Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15222
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222 when you download the payroll or the update of QuickBooks. The reason is Internet Explorer won’t be able to register digital signature or firewall or security software block actions of QuickBooks. Install the Digital Signature certificate and provide access to QuickBooks in firewall and security software to fix the problem.
Error: QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15222
Why User Receiving QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15222
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15222 refers to the error that user encounters while attempting to download a Payroll or QuickBooks update. QuickBooks releases updates for its different products and updating it is imperative to avail the new features and the improved existing features.
It happens when the user fails to download the payroll update successfully error 155222 is displayed. It indicates that the payroll update did not compete because QuickBooks failed to verify the digital signature within the update file. This error might occur due to incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE).
- What is Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15222
- Why User Receiving QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15222
- About QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
- Reasons for the QuickBooks Error 15222
- What are possible indications of QuickBooks update error 15222?
- QB Payroll Maintenance Release Error 15222
- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222?
- 1. Method One: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- 2. Method Two: Update Anti Spyware, Antimalware software in your system
- 3. Method Third: check and verify the settings of the Internet Explorer
- 4. Method Four: Switch off Firewall and other Network Protection application
- 5. Method Five: Resolve in QuickBooks Desktop
- 6. Method Six: Use QuickBooks Tools Hub
About QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
|Error Name:||Error 15222||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Quickbooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Failure of the Internet Explorer function, default browser is not set to Internet Explorer||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Sysmptom:||interrupts the downloading process, Unable to download the updates of QuickBooks||Possible Solution:||Install Digital Signature Certificate, Update Anti Spyware, Antimalware Software In Your System|
Reasons for the QuickBooks Error 15222
- Antispyware, anti adware, antimalware see the QuickBooks Desktop update as a threat. (Note** Error 15222 may not be linked with the antivirus software, but it merged with antispyware there are chances that the error might occur.
- Failure of the Internet Explorer function to register digital signatures.
- In case the default browser is not set to Internet Explorer.
For safeguarding your files and documents saved in the computer you QuickBooks software try to check the digital signature on all the files that are downloaded via the application. In case QuickBooks could not check the digital signature of the downloaded file error 15222 will occur.
What are possible indications of QuickBooks update error 15222?
- It interrupts the downloading process of Payroll Updates
- Unable to download the updates of QuickBooks
- Suddenly the active windows freeze
- Decrease the system performance
- An error message pop up on the desktop screen
QB Payroll Maintenance Release Error 15222
QuickBooks error code 15222 is identified as a maintenance release error or payroll update error with QuickBooks. This maintenance releases error also displays an error message detailing the actual cause of the error. However the common reason that is detected for the occurrence of the error is the incompatibility of the browser used or due to the internet connectivity issues.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222?
Intuit recommends few simple steps to fix this QB maintenance error. Follow the steps accordingly and if the error persists you can report it to QuickBooks customer support. Ensure that you have installed the Digital Signature certificate.
1. Method One: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- Shut down the QuickBooks application
- Search for Windows QBW32.exe files that is saved in the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Click on QBW32.exe and choose properties
- Click on the Digital Signature and ensure that Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list.
- Select details.
- A window of Digital Signature is open now, click to view the Certificates.
- Now click Install Certificate
- Then click Next until the finish is displayed.
- Now click Finish
- Restart the system and then open QuickBooks again
- Now again Download the Update.
2. Method Two: Update Anti Spyware, Antimalware software in your system
If you have installed Antispyware, Antimalware software in your system, then update the following exceptions by including the mentioned domain.
3. Method Third: check and verify the settings of the Internet Explorer
- First of all, do set the Internet Explorer browser as the default browser
- After that do check your system’s date and time that must be updated and correct
- After this, check the strength of Cipher
- Then all the things you can set in Internet Explorer by going to the Tools and then click on the Internet Options
- In General Tab, you have to click on the delete
- It deletes all the temporary internet files
- Also, check the LAN Settings in the tab of Connections
- You must take care that in the advanced tab you checked the TLS 1.2
4. Method Four: Switch off Firewall and other Network Protection application
Here are the steps:
- Locate the Start option of the screen
- Hit on the Settings option
- Select the Windows Security option
- Click on Open Windows Security
- Below the Windows Security Window, click on Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Select Public Network, Domain, and private Network one by one
- Switch off the Microsoft Defender Firewall containing the network types
Check the internet connection: Bypassing the router
- In this process, you need to disconnect the Ethernet cable that executing from the Modem to the router
- Now plug that Ethernet cable directly into the system
- After this restart, the router to check the system can recognize the system linked to it.
5. Method Five: Resolve in QuickBooks Desktop
- Check the subscription is active.
- Reset the update of QuickBooks Desktop software
Here are the steps:
- Initially, start downloading the latest updates by following the below-given instructions:
- Close the QuickBooks and its opened company files
- Locate the start option
- Find QuickBooks Desktop
- Give a right-click on its icon
- Choose Run as administrator option
- Locate no company open window
- Click Help option
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop option
- Discover Options button
- Choose Mark All tab and then choose the Save option
- Locate Update Now button
- Click on the Reset Update checkbox
- Once you are prepared then hit on the Get Updates option
- Check you enter an accurate payroll service. Here are the steps:
- Locate Employees option
- Click on My Payroll services
- Hit on Manage SERVICE KEY
- Now choose the Edit button then check the service key
- Click on the Next option and then hit on the Finish button
- In case you forget the service key then discover the product key with a retrieval software.
6. Method Six: Use QuickBooks Tools Hub
QuickBooks Tools Hub is used to resolve basic errors. Here are the steps:
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and start the installation process
- Close the QuickBooks
- It is highly recommended to download the updated version of the tool and then save it on the easy to discover the location
- Open the file
- Now you have to follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the installation process
- Place a mark to agree on the terms and conditions
- Once the installation process finishes then you need to perform a double-click on the icon to open the Tool hub
- Start using the tool to resolve the program. Here are the steps:
- Locate QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Click on Program problems
- Hit on Quick fix my program
- Afterward, start the QuickBooks Desktop
- Now open the data file
- If the error does not fix then execute the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- This tool will perform the auto-configuration of the firewall or Antivirus software settings
- It might take a few minutes to open the file doctor tool
Get Expert’s Advice
There are other ways to find solutions for this error. Go through the discussions and queries that are related to the issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community. You can also connect with the QuickBooks Payroll technical support team through email support and live chat option. Instantly connect with the QuickBooks Expert and fix issue in a short time.
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Get instant help for Payroll install, update, tax table, import, incorrect form, tracking, reporting, missing records, and other errors, issues, or problems. Experts are available 365 days a year to assist you all the time.
Is there any strength that we have to set for resolving error code 15222?
Yes, the strength must not be lower than the 128 bit if you are using Internet Explorer as the browser.
Can I do the update of QuickBooks software or anything else that can be done?
You can update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release. You have to check for your subscription as well. If you are using the payroll then check the service key of payroll as well.
Can QuickBooks Tools Hub be helpful in resolving the 15222?
You can do this automatic method to fix the issue by download, install, and run the tool. The tool does the scan and provides you the list of errors in the result. You have to then fix the errors and you are done.