Why User Receiving QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15222
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15222 refers to the error that user encounters while attempting to download a Payroll or QuickBooks update. QuickBooks releases updates for its different products and updating it is imperative to avail the new features and the improved existing features.
It happens when the user fails to download the payroll update successfully error 155222 is displayed. It indicates that the payroll update did not compete because QuickBooks failed to verify the digital signature within the update file. This error might occur due to incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE).
- Why User Receiving QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15222
- Reasons for the QuickBooks Error 15222
- QB Payroll Maintenance Release Error 15222
- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222?
Reasons for the QuickBooks Error 15222
- Antispyware, anti adware, antimalware see the QuickBooks Desktop update as a threat. (Note** Error 15222 may not be linked with the antivirus software, but it merged with antispyware there are chances that the error might occur.
- Failure of the Internet Explorer function to register digital signatures.
- In case the default browser is not set to Internet Explorer.
For safeguarding your files and documents saved in the computer you QuickBooks software try to check the digital signature on all the files that are downloaded via the application. In case QuickBooks could not check the digital signature of the downloaded file error 15222 will occur.
QB Payroll Maintenance Release Error 15222
QuickBooks error code 15222 is identified as a maintenance release error or payroll update error with QuickBooks. This maintenance releases error also displays an error message detailing the actual cause of the error. However the common reason that is detected for the occurrence of the error is the incompatibility of the browser used or due to the internet connectivity issues.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222?
Intuit recommends few simple steps to fix this QB maintenance error. Follow the steps accordingly and if the error persists you can report it to QuickBooks customer support. Ensure that you have installed the Digital Signature certificate.
1. Step One:
- Shut down the QuickBooks application
- Search for Windows QBW32.exe files that is saved in the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Click on QBW32.exe and choose properties
- Click on the Digital Signature and ensure that Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list.
- Select details.
- A window of Digital Signature is open now, click to view the Certificates.
- Now click Install Certificate
- Then click Next until the finish is displayed.
- Now click Finish
- Restart the system and then open QuickBooks again
- Now again Download the Update.
2. Step Two: Update Anti Spyware, Antimalware software in your system.
If you have installed Antispyware, Antimalware software in your system, then update the following exceptions by including the mentioned domain.
For resolving the error code 15222 you also have to check and verify the settings of the Internet Explorer also:-
- First of all, do set the Internet Explorer browser as the default browser
- After that do check your system’s date and time that must be updated and correct
- After this, check the strength of Cipher
- Then all the things you can set in Internet Explorer by going to the Tools and then click on the Internet Options
- In General Tab, you have to click on the delete
- It deletes all the temporary internet files
- Also, check the LAN Settings in the tab of Connections
- You must take care that in the advanced tab you checked the TLS 1.2
Get Expert’s Advice
There are other ways to find solutions for this error. Go through the discussions and queries that are related to the issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community. You can also connect with the QuickBooks Payroll technical support team through email support and live chat option. Instantly connect with the QuickBooks Expert and fix issue in a short time.
You can also opt for other QuickBooks Consulting agencies accord authentic support services. Qbpayrollhelp is one of the trustworthy companies that houses Intuit certified ProAdvisors who accord efficient and prompt services. You are assured first call resolution by the knowledgeable and experienced professionals. Dial the toll free number 1844 827 3817 to connect with the Support team.
Is there any strength that we have to set for resolving error code 15222?
Yes, the strength must not be lower than the 128 bit if you are using Internet Explorer as the browser.
Can I do the update of QuickBooks software or anything else that can be done?
You can update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release. You have to check for your subscription as well. If you are using the payroll then check the service key of payroll as well.
Can QuickBooks Tools Hub be helpful in resolving the 15222?
You can do this automatic method to fix the issue by download, install, and run the tool. The tool does the scan and provides you the list of errors in the result. You have to then fix the errors and you are done.