- Best Way to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12031
- QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 12031
- Reasons Behind The Payroll Error Code 12031
- How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12031?
Best Way to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12031
QuickBooks business accounting software is an amalgamation of powerful features, tools and modules. The exceptional functionalities automize the regular accounting and financial tasks involved in businesses in order to save time and money. This helps to focus on other business priorities that help the business to grow.
Intuit releases software updates in regular intervals that improves the functioning of existing features and enhances the software with new potential features. Similarly, for QuickBooks Payroll software Intuit releases update to the Payroll subscribers.
The payroll updates comprise of the latest rates and calculations for a related state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms, e-filing, payment options etc. Some of the tax form updates also involve Standard and Enhanced payroll users.
Receiving payroll update is imperative to ensure that you are in compliance with legislation that affects your payroll. You need to check that the Automatic Updates option is turned on. Although the QuickBooks payroll update is an automatic process there are unexpected scenarios error occurs. QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12031 is one of them.
QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 12031
Error Code 12031 is identified as one of the QuickBooks error that occurs while updating QuickBooks payroll service. There are possible reasons for the occurrence of the error code.
Reasons Behind The Payroll Error Code 12031
- Poor internet connectivity
- Internet Security & firewall update blocking the connection
- Improper SSL settings
- Internet Explorer not being the default browser
- Network time out hindering access to the server
When you encounter this error you need to follow the resolution steps to fix the issue. It is very important to identify the exact cause of occurrence of the error that helps in fixing up the error quickly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12031?
1. Method One:
In case the error occurs while updating QuickBooks software follow the below steps to fix the issue:
- Verify internet connection settings Help -> Internet Connection Set up
- Click Next
- Click on option Done
- Re-try Update process
2. Method Two:
If the error occurs while updating QuickBooks Payroll Service, then follow the steps recommended below:
- Go to Help-> Internet Connection Set up to verify proper internet settings
- Once verified Click Next
- Click on Advanced Connection Settings -> Internet Properties Window
- On the Advanced tab, verify that Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are checked thoroughly
- Click Apply -> OK
- Close the QB application and restart again
- Try to Update QuickBooks payroll service
1. Method Three: Update the QuickBooks in the Safe Mode
- You have to restart your system to get in the safe mode while restarting
- Now download the updates of QuickBooks properly
- Then you have to start your system in the Normal Mode
- Download the update again in the normal mode and then install it in your system
- After successful installation, you have to use it
- Check for the issues if you get any or not.
4. Method Four: Set the Firewall permissions for QuickBooks
- Go to the Start menu and then in the search field
- Type Firewall and search for it
- Click and open the Windows Firewall or you can also search it in your Windows Settings
- Then click on the allow an application or program to run through the Windows firewall
- You get a window open for the settings; in this, you have to change the settings
- Now select the box to allow the QuickBooks to run through the firewall
- After this, you can easily run the QuickBooks software without any interruptions.
If the error is occurring due to the security software blocking or firewall settings you need to contact QuickBooks customer support. The support team is well experienced and capable of fixing the error smoothly occurring in all the different scenarios. The QB expert team is easily approachable by the toll free phone support number, email and even online chat for instant support.
Need Experts Help
Alternatively you can choose QuickBooks Payroll Support Number that is a reliable QuickBooks Consulting Company housing top QB professional who are Intuit certified ProAdvisors. They assure you quick resolution in the minimum wait time. Connect with the support executive by dialing the toll free phone number 📞+1-844-827-3817.
Why need to check for the SSL?
SSL is important for securing the transactions that take place in your account. It helps in the authentication and provides you the trust for all the transactions by encrypting all the information that is sensitive. It is recommended to have SSl Certificates for your work.
If I do update it again from the scratch then this error resolves?
You can update it if the update is available then if the error still persists do it from the scratch. Also check for other reasons so that you can confirm that you have to install the update from scratch or not.
Is there any default browser or can I use any of the browsers for Windows?
Yes, the recommended browser to be default is Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge. The QuickBooks support this browser and have full compatibility. You can use other browsers too but also face some issues while using other browsers.