Opting QuickBooks Payroll subscription is the easiest way to maintain payroll & tax figures. Payroll processing by QuickBooks simplifies the process. QB with Payroll software is capable of performing everyday core tasks effectively.
On the other hand, working on payroll does not shield users from issues or other technical risks. Like other accounting software, it also gives you an error and QuickBooks Payroll Subscription error refers to the payroll subscriptions if it is not verified properly. This happens when users try to update the payroll to the latest tax tables. Let’s explore such subscription errors in the write-up below.
- Number of reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error
- Quick methods to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error
Number of reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error
QuickBooks Payroll Subscription error is mainly found when there is an issue in verifying payroll subscription. Though, it does not occur due to a single factor that indicates that the error occurs for more than one reason.
Let’s see what are the other reasons for the appearance of error are:
- Data corruption
- Incorrect PSID in QB company file
- QuickBooks product is outdated
- Inactive payroll subscription
- Employee Identification Number (EIN) is not valid
- The error crashes an active window that restricts you to complete an on-going task
- Windows not supporting QuickBooks edition
Quick methods to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error
If you continuously get an error message “QuickBooks Payroll subscription has expired or lapsed”, then try the below couple of methods to easily get rid of it. The above methods ensure you that it will not affect your data so what are you waiting for just implement it one by one:
1. Method One: Use QuickBooks Desktop tool hub
Many times, the subscription error happens when there is damage to your Windows file. It prevents QuickBooks from connecting with online services.
Here’s how you can fix such an issue:
- To start with launching QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Next, go to the Installation issues tab
- Now, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Finally, it will fix all the damaged Windows files after running this tool
2. Method Two: Update the billing information
In case, you recently made any changes in your business account or credit card details, then it is required you update the details of payment for the subscription.
The steps are:
- First, sign in to your Customer account management portal as an Admin user
- Next, go to the “Products and Services” tab and select QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, click Edit within the section called “Billing Information”
- After that, update the details of payment and then hit “Save and close”
- Once done with that, open QuickBooks Desktop again
- Go to the Help menu and then select “Manage my license” >> Sync License Data Online
- This process ends here and verifies whether the error is resolved or not.
3. Method Three: Restore the Product and License File
QuickBooks saves a file including your product and license information to your hard drive. In case, you find an issue then it can be easily restored by following the below steps:
- In the beginning, get your product and license information
- In case, you don’t have it in the hand then look for it
- Once done with that then close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, go to the Windows Start menu
- Now, type Run within the Search box or simply press Windows + R keys from your keyboard
- After that, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and hit Enter key
- In case, if it doesn’t open a folder then type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 instead of that
- Moving forward, you need to find EntitlementDataStore.ecml
- Make a right-click on the same and select Delete
- To make it conform, you have press Yes tab
- After doing that, open your QuickBooks Desktop as well as company file
- At last, perform on-screen instructions to register your QB again using your product and license details.
4. Method Four: Restore the Settings of Internet Explorer
- The very first, open the Internet Explorer and then go to the Tools menu
- Select the Internet option or you can press the ALT key in case the menu bar is not showing the option
- Go to the Advanced tab and select the Reset or Restore defaults tab
- In the end, click Apply followed by the Ok button.
QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error can easily be resolved by carrying out the solutions mentioned above. In case, you continue to encounter the issue again and again then make sure you directly consult with any QuickBooks Experts to get proper solutions for your queries.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with Payroll.AccountingErrors Support Team.
Is disable the Firewall software fix QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error? If yes then how can I do it manually?
First, disable the Firewall and then turn off the Antivirus software as well. Make a note that the Antivirus software cannot be disabled while others need to make certain changes. For that, you need to find out the third-party Antivirus within your system tray at the end of the button right of your desktop screen. Once found, right-click on the icon and then choose the Disable option. At last, install the QuickBooks Desktop or run the Update once again.
How can I verify the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription?
Before you proceed with any step, confirm that you have the latest QuickBooks Desktop release as well as the latest downloaded tax table release. Next, open the Payroll Account Management Portal. And then close the open page. Reboot your PC and try to download the payroll update again. At last, reset the QB Desktop update.
What to do if I am using Direct Deposit for the company file and facing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription issue?
You can try to open the Payroll Account Management Portal and verify whether the payroll service shows Active or not. If not then make it active and close the page. If it doesn’t work then it is suggested to contact QuickBooks Professionals.