QuickBooks Payroll allows for easy and swift integration with third party apps that helps in enhancing the user experience with the software and allows for getting more from the otherwise quite normal QuickBooks payroll software.
Now you can do it all in with one software — bookkeeping, expense management, payroll & taxes — with QuickBooks Payroll. This payroll software will make your accounting experience easier and faster.
About two Payroll Integration Apps, namely:
- Fishbowl Time and Labor Integration App
- Virtual TimeClock Export Integration App
Before starting with the process of integrating any of these two, we need to first set the payroll software for this integration through following steps:
- Open your QuickBooks software (file). Select Edit option from the menu bar and then Preferences tab from the new drop down menu.
- In the Preferences screen select Time & Expenses (probably the last option) from the left section of the window followed by Company Preferences button. In this the first question will be ‘Do You Track Time’ under Time Tracking portion. Enable this question to ‘Yes’.
- Now go to tab labeled Employee Center to open each and every employee section and then click the check box correct against ‘Use Time Data to Create Paychecks’ option.
- Now the user needs to Export the file named Timer Lists. To do so follow the instructions below:
- Go to menu bar and select File option
- Under this choose Utilities tab followed by Export option.
- From side down menu select Timer Lists.
Note: The whole process needs to be done in Single User Mode. This mode is most acceptable for any sort of Import or Export tasks.
- To export the listing of Payroll Item to excel follow the instructions below:
- From the menu select Reports tab.
- Click on Employees and Payroll option from the drop down menu.
- Select Payroll Item Listing option from the side drop menu.
- Open Excel program and then new Worksheet to transfer the listing and then save it.
Process to integrate Fishbowl Time and Labor App
- Go to the menu bar and select Settings tab.
- Now from the drop down menu choose Payroll Integrations and then select Activate option.
- Now select the icon for settings.
- Select the timer lists as per your preference along with the files of payroll items that were previously exported from the QuickBooks Software. Now select Check Files.
- Now select those items like payroll which will be used with the integrated App – Fishbowl Time and Labor
Export of Hours for payroll with Fishbowl Time and Labor
- Select the module labeled Run Payroll followed with Pay Period that needs to be exported.
- Now select the Export option and then file type of the user preference.
- Refer and verify the pay period mentioned in the popup window is correct followed by Export option.
Import of Payroll Hours with Fishbowl Time and Labor
- Go to QuickBooks software, click on the File option from the menu bar.
- Under this file drop down menu select Utilities option and Import tab from side drop menu.
- Now click on Timer Activities tab.
- Click on Browse button and then locate .IIF file from the options. This file was exported from the Fishbowl Time and Labor App.
- Now click on Finish to complete the import process.
- When prompted click on OK button on the Warning popup window
- The process is complete and successful.
Need QB Experts Help to in QuickBooks Payroll Integration
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Get instant help for Payroll install, update, tax table, import, incorrect form, tracking, reporting, missing records, and other errors, issues, or problems. Experts are available 365 days a year to assist you all the time.