What Is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS101 & how to fix it?
Whenever Error PS101 occurs, it simplifies that The Payroll Update – Not completed successfully, please try again. It is recommended that you successfully download the latest upgrade displayed in the QuickBooks Payroll within the stipulated time. Payroll, whether it is from intuit or any third-party payroll merged with QuickBooks, helps the company in managing all employees’ database, salary and other monetary incentives. Any data loss, data damage or delay in Payroll activities can bring unrest within the employees. Test
Any Payroll, whether it is from intuit or from third party, should be very well synchronized with QuickBooks for proper updates. Errors like PS034, PS036 and PS077 are also needed to be very carefully handled and understood so that you can identify the specificity of the root cause of error and how a particular error can be handled.
Root Cause of the Error PS101
There can be various reasons why Error PS101 can be caused. Knowing the exact reason and handling accordingly is necessary.
- Network issue or Internet settings are not aligned which didn’t allow the update to get downloaded and installed.
- Network blocked due to Computer Firewall or by any antivirus
- Internet settings wrongly configured.
- Third party software – not properly repaired before clean installation.
- Multiple QuickBooks applications found in the system may also follow different locations within the system while installing the update.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS101?
1. Solution One: Run Bat Command
The first and the foremost steps towards resolving the issue is;
Total Time: 9 minutes
Run Bat command. This command will help you in re-registering .DLL file in Operating System.
Exit from the QuickBooks and navigate to QuickBooks file (company) location.
Click right on QuickBooks –> Open file location –> here you will find Bat file. Run this particular file as an administrator.
Once the process starts, QuickBooks’ Repair utility will turn on command prompt multiple times. Don’t abort the process once it is finished.
Configure Windows firewall or Antivirus settings.
The above step works, if this steps still obstructs, go for clean installation process.
There are many times when all your QuickBooks issues are fixed by repairing Applications (QuickBooks) and do the Clean Installation Process.
Remove all the multiple files related to your QuickBooks or Payroll also, this will enable the update to track the exact path of the software.
2. Solution Two: Repair Internet Connection Settings
There is a two step process of repair the internet connection errors, which is mentioned below. Follow each one carefully.
A. Step One: Download & Run The Quickbooks Tools Hub
- Close the quickbooks.
- Download the latest version of quickbooks tool hub version (220.127.116.11) & store the download.exe file at one click away in your computer.
- Next, Open QuickbooksToolHub.exe from the downloaded section.
- Now, Install the tool by just following the steps on the screen & accept the terms & conditions.
- When installation process is done, locate to the Tool Hub Icon on your windows desktop.
- Open the Tool Hub by double clicking on it.
B. Step Two: Run The Quick Fix My Program
- In the Quickbooks Tools Hub, Click on program problems.
- Next Click on quick fix my program,
- Now, The scanning process has been started, It will take upto 3 minutes.
- After the scanning process done, Reopen your quickbooks & try to download the payroll tax table update.
The above-mentioned steps can easily help the solution to take over the issue. However, if the problem still stays with QuickBooks Payroll, you need technical hands assisting you to get your issue resolved. Our team will also try to help you in understanding the root cause of all the issues and their solutions.
Need Professional Help?
Our QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support team for Intuit and QuickBooks is always at your service to assist you understanding the issue, the root cause and the measures our team will take to resolve the issue. You can come in contact with us through live chat for instant resolutions of your issues. You can visit our website– QuickBooks Payroll Customer Service for resolutions any time you need. You can call us on our Toll-Free Number 📞+1844 827 3817 to get your issues resolved on phone.