What Is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS101 & how to fix it?
Whenever Error PS101 occurs, it simplifies that The Payroll Update – Not completed successfully, please try again. It is recommended that you successfully download the latest upgrade displayed in the QuickBooks Payroll within the stipulated time. Payroll, whether it is from intuit or any third-party payroll merged with QuickBooks, helps the company in managing all employees’ database, salary and other monetary incentives. Any data loss, data damage or delay in Payroll activities can bring unrest within the employees. Test
Any Payroll, whether it is from intuit or from third party, should be very well synchronized with QuickBooks for proper updates. Errors like PS034, PS036 and PS077 are also needed to be very carefully handled and understood so that you can identify the specificity of the root cause of error and how a particular error can be handled.
- What Is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS101 & how to fix it?
- About QuickBooks Payroll Error PS101
- Root Cause of the Error PS101
- How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS101?
About QuickBooks Payroll Error PS101
|Error Code:||Error Ps101||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||It simplifies that The Payroll Update – Not completed successfully, please try again.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Block imposed by the system firewall or anti-virus system, Inappropriate Internet Explorer settings.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Sysmptom:||Slow response time of the OS and program, The program freezes for a few seconds periodically.||Possible Solution:||Run Bat Command, Repair Internet Connection Settings|
Root Cause of the Error PS101
There can be various reasons why Error PS101 can be caused. Knowing the exact reason and handling accordingly is necessary.
- Network issue or Internet settings are not aligned which didn’t allow the update to get downloaded and installed.
- Network blocked due to Computer Firewall or by any antivirus
- Internet settings wrongly configured.
- Third party software – not properly repaired before clean installation.
- Multiple QuickBooks applications found in the system may also follow different locations within the system while installing the update.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS101?
1. Solution One: Run Bat Command
The first and the foremost steps towards resolving the issue is;
Total Time: 9 minutes
Run Bat command. This command will help you in re-registering .DLL file in Operating System.
Exit from the QuickBooks and navigate to QuickBooks file (company) location.
Click right on QuickBooks –> Open file location –> here you will find Bat file. Run this particular file as an administrator.
Once the process starts, QuickBooks’ Repair utility will turn on command prompt multiple times. Don’t abort the process once it is finished.
Configure Windows firewall or Antivirus settings.
The above step works, if this steps still obstructs, go for clean installation process.
There are many times when all your QuickBooks issues are fixed by repairing Applications (QuickBooks) and do the Clean Installation Process.
Remove all the multiple files related to your QuickBooks or Payroll also, this will enable the update to track the exact path of the software.
2. Solution Two: Repair Internet Connection Settings
There is a two step process of repair the internet connection errors, which is mentioned below. Follow each one carefully.
A. Step One: Download & Run The Quickbooks Tools Hub
- Close the quickbooks.
- Download the latest version of quickbooks tool hub version (22.214.171.124) & store the download.exe file at one click away in your computer.
- Next, Open QuickbooksToolHub.exe from the downloaded section.
- Now, Install the tool by just following the steps on the screen & accept the terms & conditions.
- When installation process is done, locate to the Tool Hub Icon on your windows desktop.
- Open the Tool Hub by double clicking on it.
B. Step Two: Run The Quick Fix My Program
- In the Quickbooks Tools Hub, Click on program problems.
- Next Click on quick fix my program,
- Now, The scanning process has been started, It will take upto 3 minutes.
- After the scanning process done, Reopen your quickbooks & try to download the payroll tax table update.
The above-mentioned steps can easily help the solution to take over the issue. However, if the problem still stays with QuickBooks Payroll, you need technical hands assisting you to get your issue resolved. Our team will also try to help you in understanding the root cause of all the issues and their solutions.
Need Professional Help?
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Get instant help for Payroll install, update, tax table, import, incorrect form, tracking, reporting, missing records, and other errors, issues, or problems. Experts are available 365 days a year to assist you all the time.
How can I run the Quick Fix My Program?
To run Quick Fix My Program, you have to download, install, and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then follow these steps:-
A. Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub
B. Then click on the Problem Programs option
C. Click on the Quick Fix My Program
D. Now, open your QuickBooks account
E. Download the update of the Payroll tax table.
What if something happens like data loss or interruption of update causes data damage while updating the payroll for resolving error code ps101?
Before doing anything you must take care that you took a backup of your company data file. Then make various copies of the backup to store it in different locations. This helps you when there is any data loss or any corruption of files related to QuickBooks. Then you can restore this backup easily and get back all your data.
How can I use the Selective Start-up mode to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error ps101?
A. Open the Run window
B. Then type msconfig and click on the OK button
C. Go to the General tab
D. Select the Selective Startup and Load system services
E. In the tab of Services, click on the Hide all Microsoft services
F. Click on the Disable all
G. Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services option
H. Verify that the option of Windows installer is checked
I. After that, click on the OK button
J. Restart or Reboot your system.