QuickBooks Payroll error 15xxx is the series error that you encounter because of many reasons like internet settings, internet explorer settings not done properly, software or windows not updated, or many more reasons.
The 15xxx has a series of error codes that users face in their QuickBooks desktop account while working on it. There are many reasons that cause you the problem that needs to be fixed before it becomes a big problem.
In this article, you get all the reasons and the solutions that can be done related to the cause. Users have to identify the reason and then the solution. After that, implement the solution and fix it easily on your own.
- How many reasons are there that cause QuickBooks Payroll Error 15xxx?
- What are the different error codes in QuickBooks Payroll Error 15xxx series?
- What are the methods to fix the QuickBooks Payroll error 15xxx series?
- How to display hidden files for renaming the installation folder to resolve QuickBooks Payroll error 15xxx?
- What to do if I got an error while renaming the folder for fixing QuickBooks payroll error 15xxx?
- Which install is recommended when I have to reinstall the QuickBooks to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15xxx and what are its situations?
How many reasons are there that cause QuickBooks Payroll Error 15xxx?
Various different reasons are here that cause you the error from the series of 15xxx. Each error code has its own reason and some of them have the same reasons and vary from user to user.
The reasons are mentioned here:-
- The QuickBooks download is corrupted or damaged
- Internet Explorer settings are not configured properly
- The Digital Signature Certificate is missing
- Installation is not done properly
- QuickBooks Payroll subscription is not active
- License or product key is incorrect
- Virus attack
- Windows Registry entries are damaged.
What are the different error codes in QuickBooks Payroll Error 15xxx series?
The various error codes and some of them are mentioned below:-
What are the methods to fix the QuickBooks Payroll error 15xxx series?
There are various methods that you have to perform according to the reason of the error and also the error code that you get from the QuickBooks Payroll error 15xxx series. You have to process the solutions step by step and fix the error code that stops you to work in your QuickBooks account. Let’s identify the solution for the reason that causes the error.
The methods are as follows:-
1. Method One: Process A Clean Install
Collect all the information related to your QuickBooks product
- You have to download the installer for your QuickBooks in your system
- Go to the good source link for download installer (LINK)
- Then select which version and edition of QuickBooks you want to download
- After that download it.
- Note down your license number in front of you so that whenever you have to fill it you can do it easily
- Also, note down the product edition and version of the QuickBooks software
Uninstall and Again Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Uninstall and Remove QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Control Panel in your system
- Then click on the Programs and Features
- Again, you can see the same option Program and Features click on it
- Now the list of programs displayed on the screen
- Select the QuickBooks software that you are using in your system
- Right-click on the QuickBooks program and select Uninstall/Change
- Then click on the Remove option
- Select the Next button and you are done.
- Re-install or Again Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop version that you want to use
- Then go to the installation file with .exe extension in the File Explorer’s Download folder
- Double-click on the installation file and then follow the instructions displayed on your screen
- Also, agree to the software license agreement while installing the software
- Now provide the details of the License and product number that you have
- After this, click on the Next button
- Go with the recommended installation type
- When it is complete then activate the software
- For activation, click on the Help menu in QuickBooks
- Select the option Activate QuickBooks Desktop
- After that follow the steps that you see on your screen that help you to verify all the information.
- Now, you are done with the software and try to open it and use it to check for errors.
2. Method Two: Configure Internet Explorer Options
- On your computer, open the browser Internet Explorer
- Go to the Gear icon on the top right side of the browser window
- Then from the drop-down menu select the option Internet Options
- In the Internet Options window, go to the Security tab
- Click on the Trusted Sites from select a zone to view or change the security settings
- You have to click on the button Sites
- Type the trusted site in the field of add this website to the zone and then click on ADD button
- In the case of QuickBooks US version
- In the case of QuickBooks Canadian version
- In the case of QuickBooks US version
- Click on the Close button below after adding all the trusted websites
- In the end, click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button. This applies all the changes and then closes the Internet Options window.
3. Method Three: Attach Digital Signature Certificate
- In the File Explorer, search for the file QBW32.exe
- When you get the file, right-click on it
- Further, select Properties
- The Properties window opens up
- Go to the tab Digital Signature
- Check that the Intuit.Inc option is selected
- In the Details option, click on the button View Certificate
- From the Certificate window, install the certificate by selecting the Install option
- Click on the Next button to continue and in the end click on the Finish button
- When the installation completes, restart your computer.
4. Method Four: Verify the subscription of QuickBooks Payroll
- Check the subscription of your QuickBooks Payroll that it is active or inactive
- If it is active then ok but if not then you have to make it active
- After that, reset the QuickBooks software update
- Check the service key of payroll that must be accurate
- Go to the Employees menu option in QuickBooks
- Further, select the My Payroll Service
- Click on the Manage Service Key option
- Hit the cursor on the Edit button and then check for the service key that is correct or not
- Click on the Next button to continue and at last click on the Finish button
- Restart your computer
- Click on the Start menu button
- Select the power button and then select the Restart option.
5. Method Five: Run Quick Fix My Program to fix QuickBooks payroll error
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Click on the Program Problems
- Then run the Quick Fix My Program
- Now the problem is fixed by the tool
- Try to open the QuickBooks and the company file in your account
- Now download and then install the update within QuickBooks Desktop
- If you are not able to update the software then delete the update from the root folder
- Firstly, close QuickBooks
- Open the location C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks XX\Components (XX is the year or version of QuickBooks software)
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop account
- Click on the Help menu and further select the Update QuickBooks Desktop
- You have to it the cursor on the Update Now
- Then click on the checkbox named Reset Update
- Now hit on the Get Updates button
- It starts downloading the update and when it is completed
- Then open QuickBooks click on the Help menu option
- Click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop
- In the tab of Overview select the button Update now.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with Payroll.AccountingErrors Support Team.
1. Open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E buttons together
2. Click on the View menu option
3. Select the option File extensions
4. Then click on the Hidden items
5. You can see all the hidden files if there are any.
What to do if I got an error while renaming the folder for fixing QuickBooks payroll error 15xxx?
1. Right-click on the Windows Task Bar
2. Then select the option Task Manager
3. In the Processes tab
4. Click on the Column Name to sort the processes list
5. Now, you have to select the processes related to the QuickBooks
6. After selecting the processes, end them one by one by clicking on the End Task button.
Which install is recommended when I have to reinstall the QuickBooks to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15xxx and what are its situations?
The recommended install is the Express install in which you won’t have to do many things. You have to follow few steps and your software is ready to work on. There are some situations that you have to take care of it before going to do this install that is:-
1. If you are reinstalling your QuickBooks program
2. You are a first time user of the software
3. Going to use QuickBooks on a single computer.
4. Do you know how to do the express install or recommended install to resolve QuickBooks Payroll error 15xxx?
Yes, here are the steps to perform recommended or you can say express install are as follows:-
1. In the installation, select the option Express (Recommended)
2. Then click on the Next button
3. Now click on the button Install to start the installation
4. When you are done then click on the Finish button
5. With the Finish button also select the open QuickBooks option.