QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002
Intuit QB Desktop Payroll Error 12002 usually occurs when you try to update QuickBooks or any of the QuickBooks Payroll Service. When QuickBooks is unable to access internet connection on your system, Error 12002 or many similar errors like Error 12009, Error 12007 & Error 12029 comes out.
Network time-out is one of the reasons of this error. Internet connection does not respond or breaks, antivirus or firewall running in your PC or QuickBooks not able to identify the internet connection are some of the major reasons behind the cause of Error 12002
12002 QuickBooks Error can majorly be caused due to certain reasons
- Internet explorer may not be the default browser.
- SSL settings – not correct.
- Firewall/Antivirus choking your connection.
- Not able to access the server because of the connection time out
- There is a network issue while connecting via the internet.
There may be various other reasons behind this cause and those reasons can be too technical to understand generally. For such reasons or causes, you need to have support from technical experts who can guide you.
There are various ways this issue can be resolved.
- Ensure that you access a secure site.
- Ensure that your Default browser is Internet Explorer.
Before anything else you have to test the connectivity and the Settings. So for this the steps are mentioned below:-
- Check that the Internet Explorer is the default browser as the QuickBooks uses the Internet Explorer
- You have to Download and then Run the TLS 1.2 Utility
- Check and verify that other websites are able to open too.
If it is not your default browser, follow below-mentioned steps to make it your default browser or to restore your settings (internet explorer) after that you will be successfully able to update QuickBooks Payroll .
- Close your QuickBooks or any of its service running.
- Now, go to Internet Explorer and Open
- Open Tools Option
- Security –> Global Icon –> Ensure that it is set to medium high.
- Open Content Tab and ensure that Content Advisor tab is enabled. If not, enable it.
- Open Connection Tab –> Never dial a connection (for non-users of dial-up node)
- Now, check that your LAN Connection is set on Automatically Detect Settings.
- Click on “Use A Proxy Server”
- Open Advanced Tab –> Restore Advanced Settings
- Select TLS 1.0
- Unmark TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps. Restart your system.
- Now, you go to QuickBooks,open it and update once more.
- Now, re-configure firewall settings so that you can access certain ports and internet security settings. You need to update Parental Control Applications.
- If your QuickBooks is still not connected, start your system in Safe Mode with Networking and try to download the update.
- Now, restart your PC and reset your QuickBooks –> Download and Install –> Ensure that your company file is in Single-User Mode.
- Now, repair your Internet Explorer and completely scan your QuickBooks.
Above, you get to know about the QuickBooks Payroll Error 12002 and what are its reasons and how to resolve it. So you have all the information related to it so you can resolve it on your own. Still, if you have any glitches then QuickBooks help desk team is here to help you out. They are here 365 days a year so you can reach them out at any point of time. They know how to handle all your software issues because they have many years of experience..
Help Technical Support for Fixing 12002 QuickBooks Error Code
These are the certain steps in a form of immediate action (s) that you need to follow. If the error still remains within your PC. You need technical help. For this, we are here, contact us for Live Chat Support for very quick result through our Website QuickBooks Payroll Support Numberor call us on our Toll-Free Support Number 1844 827 3817and get problem resolved on call. You can E-mail us containing your problem that you are facing and our team will revert you with solution.
1. What kinds of security settings that we need to check?
You have to check the various security settings that are:-
- Firewall settings
- Parental Control
- Internet security
2. What are the more solutions that can be done?
The other solutions are:-
- Troubleshoot the internet issues
- Download and update the QuickBooks latest release
- Start QuickBooks in selective startup mode
- Repair your browser.
3. How to do selective startup?
- Open the Run window in your system
- Then write msconfig and click on the enter button
- Go to the General tab
- Then select Selective startup and load the system services
- In the Services tab
- Click on the Hide all the MS Services
- Then click on Disable all
- Again, you have to unhide it so, remove the tick mark from option Hide all MS Services
- Check that the box of Windows installer is already selected
- If it is not selected then select it
- Then click on the OK button
- Reboot your system.