QuickBooks Error 15241 is an error related to QuickBooks Payroll function which stops the QuickBooks Desktop software to install updates properly. It can generally occur due to File Copy Service of QuickBooks Desktop software being disabled.
The QuickBooks Payroll software allows business owners, accountants and bookkeepers to tackle their business payroll processes without much hassle and limited mistakes. Less manual interference results in only limited scope of errors that too only if the initial input amount and data is wrong.
Error code 15241 is resulted due to a specific service being disabled called File Copy Service that is imperative for the smooth working of QuickBooks Desktop software.
Easy Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15241
- For Users having Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to taskbar, select Windows Start button, right click mouse on Computer option and then click on Manage.
- Windows 10 Operating System – Go to Search tab on the taskbar and look for Computer on it. Then right click mouse on the This PC option and select Manage tab.
- In the new screen, on the left side select Services and Applications option.
- Now you will see Services option on the right side of Services and Applications window. Double click your mouse on it.
- Now highlight Intuit QuickBooks FCS option and again double click on it.
- Now click on the General tab and then further on Startup Type option’s drop down arrow and then on Manual tab.
- Now click on Apply button.
- Select Start option and then OK.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Again download the updates released for the version.
- Then update payroll tax tables.
- For Windows XP Operating Software:
- First close the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to Desktop, then right click mouse on My Computers and further choose Manage option, which will open Computer Management screen.
- In the new screen look for Services and Applications and then click on it. In this screen go to Services option and open it by clicking on it.
- In the Services Window go down the screen and look for Intuit QuickBooks FCS service and double click on it. This will result in opening of Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window.
- In this new window opt for General tab, select drop down arrow of Startup Type option and then click on Manual option.
- Now click on OK button.
- Restart your QuickBooks Desktop software and download the version updates released for your QuickBooks software.
- Now you can easily update the payroll tax tables.
This should resolve the error 15241 of your QuickBooks Desktop software without much hassle. However, if you are still facing the same issue, you should immediately get in touch with the Intuit or QuickBooks Payroll support for instant gratification. Another alternative, in case you are unable to get in touch with the experts due to long queue, is QBPayrollHelp through their ever responsive toll free number +1-844-827-3817.