What Is QuickBooks Error 15240 & How To Fix It?
QuickBooks Error 15240 can imply to QuickBooks software itself or with QuickBooks Payroll software. Due to this you are unable to properly download and install version updates released by Intuit.
This error results in delay of downloading and installing updates released by Intuit for the QuickBooks Desktop version employed by the user. These updates are imperative for the software as they contain resolutions for the bugs and issues faced with the current QuickBooks version.
The payroll processes and other QuickBooks functions get affected if these updates are not installed properly and in time. Thus it is imperative to resolve the issue without further delay.
- What Is QuickBooks Error 15240 & How To Fix It?
- Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 15240
- What are the significant causes of QuickBooks Error 15240?
- Precautions to Take Before Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
- How to Fix : QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15240
- 1. Solution One: Verify The System Date And Time Settings
- 2. Solution Two: Permission Set By OS For QuickBooks Software
- 3. Solution Three: Check SSL2 Option
- 4. Solution Four: Reinstall With Clean Install Tool
- 5. Solution Five: Ensure That You Are Running Your QuickBooks As An Administrator
- 6. Solution Six: Check The Firewall
- 7. Solution Seven: Check The Security Software Setting Are Turned Correctly
While trying to update payroll or the QuickBooks software with latest fixes and features you might face one of the following enumerated error messages:
Followed by “The error (qbupdate_error_package_install_FCS_file_nowritepermission) is returned by the File Copy Service (FCS)”
You might additionally face error messages as stated – “Error 15240: The update did not complete successfully or the file specified cannot be opened”
While trying to update the QuickBooks software you may encounter message stating: “File Exists: The file specified cannot be opened. Ensure that it is not being used by any other program or application.”
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 15240
- The first symptoms of the error, if QuickBooks unable to download the latest update.
- Failed Payroll update.
- Unable to do Payroll.
What are the significant causes of QuickBooks Error 15240?
- QuickBooks not executing as an administrator
- Wrong date & time in the system
- Outdated payroll
- Inaccurate installation of QuickBooks
- Internet Explorer Security misconfiguration
- Windows files permission issue
- Firewall configuration Settings
- Windows file corrupted
- Damaged data in Company file
Precautions to Take Before Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
1. Create A Backup For Company File
- Firstly open QuickBooks
- Then click File then Backup company file, then create local backup.
- Now follow the given instruction to create a file backup.
2. Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Close QuickBooks.
- Now Press and hold down the ctrl key from the keyboard. Double click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon. Once QuickBooks opens on the system then release the keys.
- Then, you will check no company open windows.
- Now click help->Update QuickBooks Desktop .
- Hit update now tab.
- Hit Get updates.
- Now check if QuickBooks Update successfully, then click Close.
For swift resolution of the QuickBooks Error 15240, there are many manual resolutions as suggested by Intuit’s ever advanced and experienced team of ProAdvisors. In most of the cases the first resolution, generally, solves the issue. However, if that does not work, then proceed to next resolution. Although it is recommended to follow the order of the resolution, it is not necessary to do so.
How to Fix : QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15240
1. Solution One: Verify The System Date And Time Settings
Incorrect Date and Time in your system might cause the error.
So, follow the below instruction to fix it:
- Open the Control Panel of the System
- Locate Change date and time settings option
- Check the date and correct it if found wrong
- Hit on Apply button and click OK
2. Solution Two: Permission Set By OS For QuickBooks Software
Here are the steps to Add OS permissions for QuickBooks installation:
- Close QuickBooks
- Locate C:\program Files\
- Do a right-click on the folder named Intuit and then select Properties
- Choose the Security option and then Click Advanced tab
- Ensure that the folder owner is the User Group to get the ownership of the folder
How to take ownership of a specific folder?
To do this, here is a list of steps:
- Locate the advanced Security Settings window and then Click Change
- Enter Users and then Select Check Name
- Hit on OK; you will return back on the Advanced Security Settings
- Click Replace Owner button located on Sub containers and object option
- Hit on Apply and then OK
- Select to Choose Users on the Permissions Window and then Hit on Full control
- Click on Apply button and then Hit on OK button
3. Solution Three: Check SSL2 Option
Ensure that the SSL2 option provided in the internet option is checked and working correctly.
To check internet Explorer settings, here are the steps:
- Open your Internet Explorer
- Locate Internet Options
- Click Advanced Tab and discover below Security Option
- Check SSL2.0& SSL3.0
- Hit on Apply and click on OK
4. Solution Four: Reinstall With Clean Install Tool
This tool ensures that when you uninstall and then re install any software, all the files are also removed at the time of installation of the file. This helps to ensure no interference is caused by left behind files of previously installed software.
5. Solution Five: Ensure That You Are Running Your QuickBooks As An Administrator
- Firstly go to the QuickBooks icon on the desktop and right click on it.
- Then choose Run as Administrator option.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- Then click Yes (Allow your permission)
6. Solution Six: Check The Firewall
Due to the security reason you are using a third party firewall in your computer, But make sure the following files you have access to go through the firewall.
- qbw32.exe file
- qbupdate.exe files
7. Solution Seven: Check The Security Software Setting Are Turned Correctly
Maybe the Security software & antivirus interrupted QuickBooks to run on the PC. Due to this QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15240 comes out, Check the adjustment of the antivirus is correct.
Need Professional Help?
Hopefully, the above resolutions are enough to fix the QuickBooks error 15240. If still unable to fix this issue, then without any hesitation, you can connect to the help desk helpline number 📞+1-844-827-3817. To get continuous immediate assistance, you can use a 24/7 live chat option to chat with the professional. In case you have stuck anywhere while troubleshooting, you can also take the screenshot of the state and send it in an email. You will get the resolution with any delay.
Is there any error code that can be displayed with an incomplete payroll update?
Yes, QuickBooks error 15240 can appear with an incomplete payroll updates
Can you fix error 15240 by switching to an Administrator mode?
Yes, you can resolve error 15240 with run as administrator mode. With this, you get the privilege of notifying your system that you are safe while running a specific program.
What are the major symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15240?
💠Unable to install the advanced update of payroll
💠Payroll is not correctly working
💠Files and folders in Company file corrupted