What is 15212 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks Error 15212 crops up when the user tries to update either QuickBooks or payroll system. This error results in improper or incomplete installation of updates which further causes more problems in the functioning of the software.
Intuit releases updates for a particular version of QuickBooks and Payroll software in order to provide users with resolutions against the errors that they encountered with the software. Furthermore, at times these updates also consist of features and applications that when integrated with the software offers much enhanced experience of the software.
- What is 15212 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error & How to Fix It?
- Why QuickBooks Error 15212 Occurs
- Resolutions of QuickBooks Error 15212
While trying to download and install these updates with QuickBooks or Payroll, the user might encounter Error Codes 12159 or 15212 with any of the following messages or something similar:
- “The QuickBooks Update did not complete properly.”
- “The Update for Payroll did not complete properly. Try again in some time. It is important to download the updates within the specified time frame mentioned in the Get Updates screen.”
- “The payroll updates did not get downloaded and installed successfully. The location specified for the shared download is inaccessible.”
The last message crops up when the shared download folder for updates is not mapped properly, the drive has restrictive entry or it is inaccessible.
Why QuickBooks Error 15212 Occurs
Before moving on to the resolution of the QuickBooks error 15212 it is imperative that the user verifies certain points because of which the software must be suffering with the error.
These points in case are:
- QuickBooks and Payroll software has active subscription.
- Only one QuickBooks software is installed. Suppose the user has installed QuickBooks Enterprise Software 16.0 along with QuickBooks Premier Edition 2016, then it might be the reason behind updates not being able to get installed properly.
- Security software like Antivirus along with personal firewall does not have restrictive settings. It might stop updates from being downloaded and installed.
After ensuring the above situations are met with sufficient care and the issues are resolved properly.
Follow the enumerated resolution below for the QuickBooks Error 15212:
Resolutions of QuickBooks Error 15212
1. Solution One: Download Latest Update
- 💠Ensure that the updates downloaded and being installed is latest version.
- 💠If not, then follow the given procedure to do so:
- Go to Help tab in the menu bar and then proceed to Update QuickBooks option.
- Now select the Options button.
- When asked for Shared Download, select on No tab.
- Now click on Save then followed by Close tab.
- 💠Now try to download the updates again.
- 💠Follow given two resolutions in case the issue still persists:
- Download Updates in Safe Mode
- Completely uninstall the software and then reinstall.
Get Started With Related QuickBooks Payroll Questions:
- Is It Possible to Complete 2016 tax filings & w2/w3’s w/o updating my payroll subscription for 2017?
- My QuickBooks 2011 No Longer Working on Windows 10, Do I Need to Buy QuickBooks Mac Payroll 2017 Version?
If the issue gets resolved completely, then the user can download the latest payroll as well as QuickBooks updates without any hassle. However, if the issue is not resolved even after following all the methods mentioned above, the user should immediately get in touch with the customer care support of Intuit or QuickBooks Payroll support. In case of urgency user can also try an alternative agency called QBPayrollHelp for swift assistance through 📞1-844-827-3817.
Is there any other solution to fix the QuickBooks Error 15212?
Yes, you can uninstall and install QuickBooks Desktop software in selective startup mode.
To do this you have to follow few steps that are mentioned below:-
1. Firstly, Create the backup of your company file
2. Prepare data by collecting license number, product information
3. Try to start your computer in the mode of Selective Startup
4. Uninstall the QuickBooks desktop properly without any issues
5. Then install it on your computer without any interruptions
6. When you are done then switch back to the normal mode.
What if I am not able to identify the cause for Quickbooks Error 15212 and not able to fix the error?
In this case, you can connect with the QuickBooks customer helpdesk team who is here 24/7 hours to help you out. The team helps you in identifying the reason for QuickBooks error 15212 in your account and also fixes it for you. So don’t worry if you are stuck anywhere you can get in touch with the team.