QuickBooks Errors – 12002, 12029 and 12031 are encountered by the user while downloading the updates for either Payroll or QuickBooks software. These errors cause interruption in the process of downloading and integrating the changes incorporated in the updates with that of the software.
Download and installation of updates is imperative as they might carry the answers to your issues. All the issues faced with software due to coding or similar part of the current version gets reported to the company which is then resolved and released as update. However when these errors do not get absolved as the updates is not downloaded properly, it leads to interference in the flow of work.
The Error Codes 12002, 12029 and 12031 arises when there is some malfunctioning with the Web connection and the QuickBooks software. The most common reasons why there is interference between the Internet connection and the software are:
- The restrictive settings of security software like Antivirus, and other protection applications like Firewall.
- General faults related to Internet Connection.
- Internet Explorer is not set as Default Browser.
- Secure Socket Layer might be unchecked.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks 12002, 12029 & 12031
To resolve the issue all you need to do is follow some of the resolution enumerated below. For best result, try to update your QuickBooks after completion of every resolution as you do not know which solution might be the answer to your prayers.
- Verify Internet Settings:
- Close your QuickBooks Software and click on Internet Explorer to open it.
- Go to Tools tab and then further click on Internet Options.
- After this click on Security option in the menu and then proceed to Globe icon to make sure that the setting for the security under this tab is not selected more than Medium High.
- Now click on Content button to ensure the settings for Content Advisor is on Enable.
- Now go to Connection button and follow the given instructions:
- In case you are not employing Dial-Up Node (DUN) and then click on Never Dial a Connection option.
- However, if you are using DUN then ensure that the ISP is authentic and click on OK.
- Under LAN settings, the checkbox against Automatically Detect Settings should be ticked.
- Use a Proxy Server should be unchecked.
- Now click on OK to close LAN settings.
- Under Advanced Tab:
- Select Restore Advanced Settings tab and then select Settings option.
- In this checkbox against Use TLS 1.0 should be ticked.
- Use TLS 1.1 as well as Use TLS 1.2 should be unchecked.
- Now click on OK in order to close the Internet Options screen and then further close Internet Explorer.
- Restart your computer in order to save the settings and then open the QuickBooks software and try to update the software again.
- Recheck SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Settings: Go to Internet Explorer options menu and verify that the box against Secure Socket layer option is checked. If not, then do it and again try to update your software. If you still face the issue then proceed to next step.
- Internet Explorer as Default Browser: For successful use of QuickBooks, it is imperative that the default browser set is Internet Explorer. Check to ensure that the default browser is Internet Explorer and not any other web browser.
These three resolutions should easily resolve your issues of Error codes 12002, 12029 and 12031. However, if that is not the case and the issue still persists you should get in touch with the customer care of Intuit or QuickBooks Payroll technical support. In case you are in urgency and cannot afford to wait due to long queue you can try an alternative agency called QBPayrollHelp through toll free number at +1-844-827-3817.