QuickBooks Payroll has eased the workload of accountants and bookkeepers across the world by automatically completing certain payroll tasks that are vital for the business but are definitely time taking. These tasks require manual input only in the initial stage and after that all the processes are completed automatically by the software.
The efficiency of the software is only marred when the payroll processes do not function properly or the network / server over which the software is working goes down. One of the biggest issues with the server down is that all the internal processes of QuickBooks Payroll gets affected and, you will get the error “QuickBooks Payroll Down,” which invariably delays in completion of the required payroll tasks.
Due to frustration many user dialing QuickBooks Payroll Customer Service Number again & again which is not right , check below what should user have to during down time of QB Payroll Services .
- Causes of QuickBooks Payroll down
- Things to remember before going to resolutions
- Different Methods to rectify the Issue” Is QuickBooks Payroll Down”
- 1. Method One: Check Intuit Payroll Down Now!
- 2. Method Two: Intuit Payroll Down For Maintenance
- 3. Method Three: Deleting the Internet explorer history
- 4. Method Four: Use Command Prompt for removing the DNS
- 5. Method Five: Removing Revocation from Internet Explorer
- 6. Method Six: Restoring the advanced settings of Internet explorer
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll down
There could be many reasons behind QB payroll not performing well. However, some frequent issues are mentioned below for your reference.
- If the user is using multi-user mode to send the payroll.
- Internet connection issues can be a big reason.
- If the Security certificate is not valid then also QB payroll doesn’t work.
- If the Date and time of the computer are not correct.
- When System’s firewall is not allowing QuickBooks to access the internet, then also it leads to QuickBooks Payroll down.
- QB applications cant connect to the server due to timeout issue
Things to remember before going to resolutions
- Make sure to always use the latest QuickBooks application always.
- An authorized payroll subscription should be used to send the payroll. Check out if you have the authorized payroll subscription.
- You should use QuickBooks in single-user mode
- Always download and use the latest payroll tax table
- Time and date of the computer should be correct. If it is not you have to change it.
- Verify the firewall and other third-party application’s firewall, they could be a reason to block the QB from accessing the internet.
Different Methods to rectify the Issue” Is QuickBooks Payroll Down”
1. Method One: Check Intuit Payroll Down Now!
Two main reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll Server Down is either the server outage or pre-planned maintenance of the site by Intuit.
In case of Server Outage of QuickBooks Payroll, you should follow tips and instruction enumerated below:
- In the scenario you are shown a link – https://qbo.intuit.comthen it invariably means there has been an error of server outage.
- As there is no remedy for this problem, the only way out is to wait for the site to come back on. To be made aware about the same, you can sign-up for notification through email when the service turns back on.
- All you have to do is click on the link stating – Email You and fill in the required details of your name along with email address
In some cases user unable to login QB Payroll during offline mode of payroll service
2. Method Two: Intuit Payroll Down For Maintenance
When the server goes down because of a pre-planned maintenance reason, the users are informed in advance by Intuit by dropping in alert notifications on the dashboard along with details regarding the time and date of maintenance. It is advisable to keep note of these notifications so that appropriate planning can be done in advance in order to avoid any loss of business.
3. Method Three: Deleting the Internet explorer history
- Double click on internet explorer web browser
- Click on the gear icon available at the right-hand upper side corner
- Click internet options
- ”Internet Options” window arises on the screen
- Select the box with the option “Delete browsing history on exit “
- Now, click the Delete button
- A “ Delete Browsing History “ window will appear on the screen with a list of below options
- Preserve Favorite website Data
- Temporary Internet files and websites files
- Cookies and website data
- Download History
- Form Data
- Tracking Protection, ActiveX Filtering and Do Not Track
- Select all the options showing in the “ Delete Browsing History” window
- Now click the Delete button
4. Method Four: Use Command Prompt for removing the DNS
- Press Start +R keys together
- It opens the Run window
- Now type CMD in the Run window and click the enter button
- You can see the Command Prompt appearing
- In command prompt type ipconfig/flushdns and click the enter button
- Finally, check if QuickBooks Payroll is working fine or not
5. Method Five: Removing Revocation from Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools option available at right-hand side upper corner
- Click Tools option >>> select Internet options
- Now, go to the advanced tab
- Under security you need to uncheck the below options
- Check for publishers revocation
- Check for server certificate
- Now restart your computer
6. Method Six: Restoring the advanced settings of Internet explorer
- Close your QuickBooks program
- Open the internet explorer and click tools options available on at the right-hand upper side
- Select Advanced tab and after that click Restore Advanced Settings
- Make sure that Use TLS 1.0 is selected and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 should be unchecked
- To save changes click ok and then close the Internet Explorer window
- Finally, restart your computer
Need Professional Help?
When the user starts getting notified with QuickBooks Payroll Error 500, it generally means problem has occurred with the server. This results in user being unable to update details under employees section of the software. When asked by the experts regarding Error 500 server issue, many advised to perform a thorough check of the Internet connectivity and settings allowing for third party cookies and clearance of cache. Once the settings has been customized user should again try to login to the software to verify that server is connected or not. Intuit generally recommends Chrome or Firefox browser for network connectivity.
For any more information on QuickBooks Payroll Server Down issue you can contact our QuickBooks Payroll Support team through website – QBPayrollHelp or call on Toll Free Number 📞.
What are the impacts of QuickBooks Payroll Server down?
When the payroll server is down, then some processes and components do not function properly. A QuickBooks internal process gets impacted and significantly delays the required tasks.
What are the primary reasons for a server down in QuickBooks?
💠 Server Outage
💠 Pre-planned site maintenance
Can Maintenance of Site be the reason for a Payroll server down?
Yes, pre-maintenance is sometimes the cause of your server goes down. In this, users are notified in advance through an alert notification on the dashboard. This notification contains all the details, including maintenance data & time. So it is highly recommended to check the notification before planning any business task to prevent conflicts & loss.
What to do in the case of Server Outage?
Locate http://qbo.intuit.com if there appear server outage errors. However, there is no solution to solve the issue; the only method is to wait for the site to active again. For getting the notification regarding the same, you have to sign-up for it by email. You require clicking on the displaying link; enter the emails and other information which is asking.