Import & Export is the best way to share your business plans and data with your clients. QuickBooks Payroll integrated software makes these things easy to handle with all new techniques and applications. So, you can save quality time to work on all other projects to boost business productivity. Stay in tune with this article at the end to learn and get complete knowledge on how to import a payroll item list into QuickBooks. We provide complete information for both versions of QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
- How to Import Payroll Item list into QuickBooks Desktop?
- How to Import Payroll Item list into QuickBooks Online?
- How to Export Payroll Item list from QuickBooks Desktop?
- How to Export Payroll Item list from QuickBooks Online?
- How to Bulk Import Payroll Item list to QuickBooks Desktop?
- How to Bulk Export payroll Item list to QuickBooks Online?
- What are the importer & exporter tools?
- Issues & Error user might get while doing the Import or Export payroll Payroll item
How to Import Payroll Item list into QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks can easily import the payroll item list into the QuickBooks Desktop version using the different file formats. The Payroll Item list includes the vendor, chart of accounts, and items.
The first thing you have to do is open your QuickBooks spreadsheet where you can easily enter all data when you save and close your company file. It will also help you get the results in a sequence manner.
Follow the steps to import the Payroll Item list into QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the File menu and choose the “Utilities” option
- Click on the Import option
- Then, you have to choose the Payroll item
- If you add multiple list entries, then you have to choose the Payroll item list
- A confirmation message will pop up, hit the Yes button
- Then, choose the type of data that you want to import
- Once you selected, then check and verify the list
- Choose the Import option and click on the OK button
- After this, choose the close and Save button end with this process
How to Import Payroll Item list into QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Online is one of the most upgraded versions which is full of advanced features and applications to track your business accountancy with more accuracy. But sometimes, users need to import the payroll item list to share the details with clients.
To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- The initial step is to login into the QuickBooks online standard payroll
- Now, open the Payroll or Employees menu
- Then, choose the Let’s go option
- Agree with on-screen guidelines and click on the Yes button when it appears on your screen
- Now, choose the Import my data option
- Click on the NEXT and choose the payroll software
- Now, upload the file on the next page, then choose the Payroll item list
- Hit the OK button. When it is completed then it will appear on your screen
How to Export Payroll Item list from QuickBooks Desktop?
The steps provided here to export the payroll item list from the QuickBooks Desktop:
- After opening the QuickBooks, go to the File menu
- Give a click on the “Utilities” and the drop-menu options will appear on your screen
- Then, choose the Import and click on the File
- Hit the next click on the “List of Payroll items” option
- Once you ensured, then click on the Ok button
- Wait until the confirmation is not completed.
How to Export Payroll Item list from QuickBooks Online?
To export the list of Payroll Item from QuickBooks Online, go with the following steps
- Go to the QuickBooks File menu
- Then, you have to choose the Utilities
- Click on the “Export” button
- Hit the OK button and browse the location from where you want to save the file
- Click on the Save button to end with this process.
How to Bulk Import Payroll Item list to QuickBooks Desktop?
To save time, the user wants to import the Payroll item list to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Hit the first click on the Import button on the dashboard screen
- If you are unable to find the Import option, then open the File menu from the menu bar
- Then, a file selection screen of the import guidelines
- After this, choose the “QuickBooks Payroll Type” as the time tracking option
- Now, choose the File and click on the “Browse File” to choose the Payroll item list folder
- User need to set up the mapping of the file columns to the QuickBooks fields
- Then, you can review & import the Payroll item list
- Click on the “Send to QuickBooks” option to finish the program
How to Bulk Export payroll Item list to QuickBooks Online?
In QuickBooks online version, you can export the Payroll item list in just two ways: manually and automatically.
To export the payroll item list in QuickBooks online automatically, you need to perform the below steps:
- Download & Install the best exporter tool
- Must be sure about the specifications meet with QuickBooks to avoid the errors
- Once you checked and verified, then click on the Install button
- Follow displayed guidelines until the program is not finished
- Then, Open the tool and mark all file that you want to export
- Hit the Run button and you are all done with this program.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to do it manually:
- Open your QuickBooks Payroll
- Then, go to the File menu
- Click on the List of Payroll Item
- Click on all the folders one-by-one
- Hit the right-click on it and then choose the Export option
- Click on the OK and Save to end this process.
What are the importer & exporter tools?
Firstly, we talk about the exporter tool
Exporting is the prescribed method to get the import/export format files, regardless of whether you have not yet added important data or files to your local folder. Playing out export guarantees that you know about all current data and that all your data assigned are reflected in the formats. You can utilize exports as a type of data backup. Must be sure that importing backup data that matches existing data will overwrite the current data.
- Firstly, launch the Importer/Exporter Tool
- Then, you have to choose the Export tab
- After this, click on the type of data you need to export starting from the drop menu
- Enter an email address to get a warning when the work finishes. This step is optional
- Click on the Export button
- The tool runs and plans on your work. If it is solitary work, the export starts right away
- Now, you need to select the Jobs tab to check every single planned work
- When the export is finished, click on the OK button to end the process.
In the second place, learn about the Importer tool
If you want to add more data to the template files, you can import the data. Be certain that each segment in a format file contains valid data before you import the file.
- First of all, launch the Import/Export Tool
- Hit the click on the Import tab
- Select the sort of data you need to import starting from the drop menu
- Click on the Browse and explore the file to transfer
- The file can have any name, suggests utilizing some recognizing data in the name
- Enter an email address to get a warning when the work finishes. This step is optional
- Click on the Import button
- The tool will automatically run to plan on your work
- After this, you have to choose the Jobs tab to see every planned work. This step is optional
- When the work is finished click on the Save button.
Issues & Error user might get while doing the Import or Export payroll Payroll item
Mistakes or the state being wrong while exporting or importing the Payroll item list is the most common issue. Possible errors you might be encounter are listed below with resolutions:
Error code 1: Unable to export your data. It may be on a network drive
This error usually happens when the user tries to open the company file in multi-user mode. It also appears when the company file resides on a network drive or any other location. To resolve this error, switch to the single-user mode. Then, open your company file from the new location and try to again export the files.
Error code 2: Connection timed out
This is one of the most common problems due to which several errors appear while working with QuickBooks. Before fixing any issue, check and verify the internet connection. Make sure about the speed of internet connectivity.
There are many more errors you might encounter while doing this conversion, the best way to resolve any error is to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBook (Make sure the latest version). Before fixing any error, must be sure you create a backup file. So, if you freeze or any other issue appears while fixing any error, your company data will be in a safe place. Once you resolve the problem, then restore the backup and back to work without any issue.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with Payroll.AccountingErrors Support Team.