No doubt, QuickBooks Payroll is one of the most effective payroll services for small and mid-sized enterprises. It assists business owners and accountants with payroll and cash flow management. Users of QB Payroll get access to constantly updated tax tables and prompt payroll processing. You can also make changes to reports while on the go.
In this blog post, we’ll go over how to export and import payroll data to XML in great detail. One of the main benefits of exporting/importing payroll data to XML is that it simplifies and manages the process. However, by using the Summarize Payroll Data in Excel or XML report tool, any user can handle their payroll data.
Important Note to remember
- Intuit does not recommend importing payroll data because QuickBooks Pro may be unable to obtain XML files or records directly.
- It is mandatory to have reports in the Excel or XML format
- It is necessary that the Excel program should be installed on your PC.
Backup prior to importing data
Before digging in deep and finding out the steps for exporting & importing QuickBooks Payroll from XML, It is suggested you make a backup of your QuickBooks file (or any data for that matter). After that, you may determine what modifications your payroll firm needs to make and revise the import file. After that, you can restore your QuickBooks file to the backup you made before attempting to import it and try again. Patience, time, and communication will be required to perfect your import file with your payroll company. However, once you have a good import file, the time and effort will be well worth it.
Steps for importing & exporting QuickBooks Payroll from xml
- To start with the exporting process, you simply have to open the QB file in Excel
- Next, go to the menu bar and then open reports >>> Employees & Payroll
- After that, click the button named “Summarize Payroll Data in XML or Excel”
- Choose the report/file that you want to export
- Scroll down the menu and select the “Export” button
- Now, you have to choose the location and type
- In the next screen, instructions will appear and you have to read them carefully
- After that, allow macros into Excel if necessary
- QuickBooks Payroll Reports Workbook will automatically open on your screen and once you allow the macros
- Move to the Alternative Reports window and unmark appropriate boxes as per your requirement
- With the above step, it will either include or restrict the reports into the workbook based on the instructions that you provide
- You must first complete your state tax forms before adding payroll data
- Go to options or settings and make the appropriate modifications to your workbooks’ settings
- To mark the necessary checkboxes, click on them
- And then select the Ok option
- Finally, choose Get QuickBooks Data to begin the recovery of payroll reports data from QuickBooks.
Importer and Exporter tools
At the moment, when a user needs to import/export a bulk amount of data, importer and exporter tools play an important role in terms of saving your valuable time. Currently, there are multiple tools choices available in the market to move your data from one place to another. These tools are specifically designed to transfer information between accounting tools and a spreadsheet. This is particularly useful for users who want to import large lists of data or files.
Hopefully, the steps outlined in this blog post will help you in importing & exporting QuickBooks Payroll from xml. For more queries or issues, you can easily reach out to QB Professionals to get better assistance with less delay.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with Payroll.AccountingErrors Support Team.