Have you ever needed to import/export data from Quickbooks or to QuickBooks? In this scenario, we’re going to assume that maybe you intermingled some business expenses on payroll operations. You might need to download the payroll transactions or to import payroll transactions or required to export payroll transactions for any purpose. You also have the choice to delete all the transactions that weren’t business-related. You can accomplish this in a handful of ways but we’re going to show you all here.
Import & export are some of the most important operations to share or move the data from one place to another. In QuickBooks, you find all the amazing features and applications to operate every process on time. So, you can easily achieve your business goal and find more profits. This blog tells you about the Import payroll transactions into QuickBooks.
- How to Import Payroll Transactions into Quickbooks Desktop?
- How to Import Payroll Transactions into Quickbooks Online?
- How to Export Payroll Transactions from Quickbooks Desktop?
- How to Export Payroll Transactions from Quickbooks Online?
- How to Bulk Import payroll transactions to QuickBooks online?
- How to Bulk Export payroll transactions to QuickBooks Desktop?
- What are the importer & exporter tools?
- Issues & Error user might get while doing the Import or Export payroll transactions
How to Import Payroll Transactions into Quickbooks Desktop?
One of the best ways to export the payroll transactions to the QuickBooks Desktop by utilizing the IIF. Go with the followings steps
- From the QuickBooks homepage, find and click on the “Import to QuickBooks” option
- Hit the next click on the “Import” that appears on the number of paychecks and taxes included in the export file
- Then, you have to save your file to your system
- For window users, don’t need to open the file otherwise it will become corrupted or damaged files
- It is recommended that you always utilize the same file name and then you need to overwrite the previous export file to avoid duplicates
- For QuickBooks Desktop users, Choose the File menu
- Open the utilities and click on the Import IIF files
- Now, you have to choose the location where you want to save the file
How to Import Payroll Transactions into Quickbooks Online?
Follow the below steps to import payroll transactions into QuickBooks Online:
- From the left menu, you have to choose the Payroll option
- Hit the next click on the Payroll transactions
- The next thing you have to do to choose the “Import” option
- After this, enter all required information
- Hit the Ok button and you are all done with this program
How to Export Payroll Transactions from Quickbooks Desktop?
Perform the below steps to set up and use the export function via intuit full-service payroll. You can also do it from Intuit Online Payroll to QuickBooks Pro/Premier or QuickBooks enterprises.
- The initial step is to go to the Employees menu
- Click on the Payroll
- Now, you have to open the Payable section
- Then, click on the “Export” option
- Choose the paychecks, payroll transactions, or tax payments that you want to export
- Once selected, then hit the enter key, and you are done with this program.
Point to remember: You can easily change the data review to see other transactions
Users have a choice to retrieve the .IIF files from the payroll software by using the steps for the platforms. To use the .IIF import process, the user has to place the transaction information into the QuickBooks Desktop.
In any case, if you utilize the right network to run the QuickBooks Desktop edition, then perform the below steps:
- From QuickBooks Desktop homepage
- Choose the File and click on the “Utilities”
- Hit the next click on the “Import” button
- At last, choose IIF files and you are all done with this program
How to Export Payroll Transactions from Quickbooks Online?
There are a number of exports available within QuickBooks Payroll powered by the pay which you can easily export from data to QuickBooks online.
To export the payroll transactions, the user has to perform the below steps:
- From the left-hand menu, you have to choose the Employees
- Open the Payroll settings and click on the “Transaction” which is located under the business management
- Choose the Transaction Type and then hit the click on the “Type of Template” that you want to export
- Choose the File format and click on the “Export” option
How to Bulk Import payroll transactions to QuickBooks online?
To Import the payroll transaction, the user has to perform the below steps:
- Open your QuickBooks and click on the “Upload File” menu
- Then Upload your file
- Choose the file and spreadsheet which has payroll transactions that you require to import or export
- Now, you have to choose the QuickBooks entity as employees
- After this, set up the mapping of the columns in the employee’s import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks
- Hit the click on the “Import” that the employees will straightforwardly import payroll transactions to the QuickBooks.
How to Bulk Export payroll transactions to QuickBooks Desktop?
To Save time, the user wants to export the payroll transactions in bulk. To do this, go with the below guidelines:
- Open the Settings menu
- Choose the Export option
- Hit the click on the “Reports or List” tab. This is based on which data you want to export
- Hit the on/off slider to deselect payroll transaction that you don’t want to export
- Choose All dates filter to select which period you required by all available option
- Then, you have to choose the “Export” option
- After this, choose the data that will be exported in a selected format.
What are the importer & exporter tools?
Import/Export tools help you to import and export data such as transactions (Bank and payroll transactions), list of products, customers, orders, coupons, and items to and from your QuickBooks. For the new platform, all tools are powerful, as they help you transfer all your existing store data to QuickBooks without any interruption. The tools take all the inputs you need to get up and running with them through easy-to-read template files.
Import/Export tools also greatly simplify batch updating data by allowing you to export existing data, make the required updates in the template files, and re-import your updated data back into QuickBooks. You can also use exports as a form of data backup to prevent your data from all losses.
Issues & Error user might get while doing the Import or Export payroll transactions
QuickBooks users might face issues while importing or exporting the payroll transaction. It usually happens when your accounting software is unable to recognize the sheet installed in the user’s system. Users have to resolve these error issues as soon as possible otherwise it may lead to a major loss. Before resolving any import & export error issue, the user has to identify the reason behind the error. It will help you to choose a suitable solution to save your time to focus on all other processes.
To resolve the import or export common error issue, the user has to follow the below guidelines step-by-step:
- Open the settings menu and click on the “Accounts and settings” option
- From the company tab, the user has to choose the Edit option
- Locate and correct the address
- Click on the Save button
- Then, try to Import/Export again and you are all done with this program
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with Payroll.AccountingErrors Support Team.