QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270
QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270 is related to the payroll function of your QuickBooks and crops up at the time updating and downloading payroll. This error stops you from downloading the payroll updates released by Intuit for further enhancing of the user experience.
Intuit releases updates for its software on regular basis in order to resolve and fix bugs as well as errors that might crop in a version. The problem comes when these updates don’t get downloaded. The error code 15270 crops up with a message when the updates and do not get downloaded. The message is enumerated below:
“Error 15270: The payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.”
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270
- What are the reasons for QuickBooks error 15270?
- Easy Step to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270
- More Solutions That You Can Choose and Resolve The Issue
What are the reasons for QuickBooks error 15270?
- User Account Control is enabled which may interfere with QuickBooks updating
- Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser
- The files of the QuickBooks are corrupted or damaged
- The installation of QuickBooks is not done properly
- Network connectivity issue
- Session time out while doing some work through server
- QuickBooks is out-dated
- Check the payroll subscription
- Slow internet connection
- Also, verify the identification number in your payroll that is correct.
Easy Step to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270
- First and foremost, restart your QuickBooks software. In case you get QuickBooks Update Service screen, then click on Install later tab.
- Now go to Help option and then further to Update QuickBooks tab.
- In the new window of Update QuickBooks select Update Now option. In this first go for selecting the checkbox against Reset Updates and then opt for Get Updates tab. Now select OK button to start the Reset process.
- Once the update process is completed, another button labeled Get Updates becomes active and message stating ‘Update Complete’ crops up. Now you should restart QuickBooks.
- Once you see QuickBooks Update Service message select Install Now option which should install the update automatically.
- Now go to Employees option followed by Get payroll Updates in order to install the Payroll Updates again.
- Ensure that the Download Entire Payroll Update option is selected before clicking on Update tab.
This process should resolve your issue; however, if that is not the case then you can go through any of the following options to resolve it. You might have to try all options or any one as per your preference.
- Ensure the Subscription of your Software is active:
- For Basic, Standard and Enhanced Payroll Software – Go to Employees tab and then to My Payroll Service. From this choose Account/Billing Information option. Sign up and login to your personal account with Intuit and open QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance screen to check whether the subscription is Active or not.
- For Assisted Payroll Software – Select Employees tab and then choose My Payroll Services followed by Account Info / Preferences. Now after opening QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance screen, close it instantly which will prompt the software for update and to again validate the payroll services.
- Make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser. If not, you can set it as default by going to the menu labeled Internet Options and clicking on Program option. Now click on Make Default tab found under Default Web Browser option.
- For Windows 8, 7 and Vista users, for a short period of time turn your User Account Controls option off.
- Go for proper and full clean up of QuickBooks installed in a selective startup option.
More Solutions That You Can Choose and Resolve The Issue
The solutions are as follows:-
- You have to verify the Employees Identification Number
- Run the QuickBooks Tools hub to resolve the issue
- Check the settings of the internet and the browser also
- Run the software as Administrator
- You have to do the clean install of QuickBooks in the selective startup
- Restart your system
- Disable the User Account Control
- Set the Internet Explorer as the default browser
- Update the payroll to the latest version
- Check for the active subscription.
If the issue still persists, immediately get in touch with the Intuit customer care support team and relay all your QuickBooks issue in full detail to the representative on the other side of the call. If you get delayed due to long queue you can try to connect with QuickBooks Payroll technical support of QBPayrollHelp through their prompt toll free number at 📞+1-844-827-3817.
What are the symptoms?
💠The problem of crashing system happens often
💠In your system, all the active programs crashed.
Is QuickBooks Tool Hub can be used to resolve the issue?
Yes, it can be done easily with the help of the tool.
You just have to follow the steps below:-
💠Download and install the QuickBooks Tools hub
💠Then run it in your system
💠Now start the scan
💠After a successful scan, it shows you the list of errors if there are any
💠Then you have to click on the Fix Now option to fix the errors you get.
What to do if the reboot.bat file is the reason for QuickBooks error 15270?
You have to run the reboot.bat file in your system and the steps are as follows:-
💠Firstly, close the QuickBooks desktop and all other programs that are running
💠Now search for the reboot.bat file in your system
—🔵For this, right-click on the QuickBooks software icon
—🔵From the options, click on the Properties
💠Then select the open file location
💠After that, right-click on the file reboot.bat
💠Click on the Run as Administrator
💠A black colored window opens up and you have to manually close this window
💠In the end, restart your system