QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270
QuickBooks Error 15270 is related to payroll function of your QuickBooks and crops up at the time updating and downloading payroll. This error stops you from downloading the payroll updates released by Intuit for further enhancing of the user experience.
Intuit releases updates for its software on regular basis in order to resolve and fix bugs as well as errors that might crop in a version. The problem comes when these updates don’t get downloaded. The error code 15270 crops up with a message when the updates and do not get downloaded. The message is enumerated below:
“Error 15270: The payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.”
Easy step to resolve QuickBooks Error 15270
- First and foremost, restart your QuickBooks software. In case you get QuickBooks Update Service screen, then click on Install later tab.
- Now go to Help option and then further to Update QuickBooks tab.
- In the new window of Update QuickBooks select Update Now option. In this first go for selecting the checkbox against Reset Updates and then opt for Get Updates tab. Now select OK button to start the Reset process.
- Once the update process is completed, another button labeled Get Updates becomes active and message stating ‘Update Complete’ crops up. Now you should restart QuickBooks.
- Once you see QuickBooks Update Service message select Install Now option which should install the update automatically.
- Now go to Employees option followed by Get payroll Updates in order to install the Payroll Updates again.
- Ensure that the Download Entire Payroll Update option is selected before clicking on Update tab.
This process should resolve your issue; however, if that is not the case then you can go through any of the following options to resolve it. You might have to try all options or any one as per your preference.
- Ensure the Subscription of your Software is active:
- For Basic, Standard and Enhanced Payroll Software – Go to Employees tab and then to My Payroll Service. From this choose Account/Billing Information option. Sign up and login to your personal account with Intuit and open QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance screen to check whether the subscription is Active or not.
- For Assisted Payroll Software – Select Employees tab and then choose My Payroll Services followed by Account Info / Preferences. Now after opening QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance screen, close it instantly which will prompt the software for update and to again validate the payroll services.
- Make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser. If not, you can set it as default by going to the menu labeled Internet Options and clicking on Program option. Now click on Make Default tab found under Default Web Browser option.
- For Windows 8, 7 and Vista users, for a short period of time turn your User Account Controls option off.
- Go for proper and full clean up of QuickBooks installed in a selective startup option.
If the issue still persists, immediately get in touch with the Intuit customer care support team and relay all your QuickBooks issue in full detail to the representative on the other side of the call. If you get delayed due to long queue you can try to connect with QuickBooks Payroll technical support of QBPayrollHelp through their prompt toll free number at+1-844-827-3817.