Making Correction In Payroll Liability QuickBooks
Problem: In some cases, companies want to adjust their employees’ year to date information contained within the payroll items, i.e. employees’ contribution, adding of the employees and deduction of items in the payroll. If you are unaware of how to go about fixing Payroll Liabilities, you can ask our QuickBooks experts of the QBPayrollHelp. You can fix payroll liabilities in QuickBooks if the below-mentioned scenarios occur with you:
There is wide help for QuickBooks Payroll Liability Adjustment brings earlier by our experts , have you checked out .
Adjust payroll Liabilities:
- Tax tracking type is wrong with the setup of Health Insurance Company Contribution. You require fixing the liability amount once you have created a payroll company contribution item that carries the present tax tracking type with it.
- If an employee is not going to receive future paychecks , you will need to adjust YTD Wages, Final Deduction or other payroll items.
- You require to make changes in the company contribution items, i.e. Health Savings Amount.
If adjusting is going to somehow alter the data that you receive on your 3-monthly return, you should consider making a QTD adjustment instead of YTD adjustment.
Why Payroll Liabilities Is Wrong QuickBooks
- Basic, Standard and Enhanced customers are required to run Payroll Check-up.
- Assistant Payroll customers need to get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support team if they need to complete corrections or need to adjust the payroll liabilities that are affecting the payroll taxes.
Resolving the problem of adjusting Payroll Liabilities:
- Go to your Payroll Summary Report and change the date on it to match the effective date that is mentioned in your Liability Adjustment.
- Go to Employees in your QuickBooks and browse to Payroll Taxes and Liabilities. Next, click Payroll Liabilities.
- Choose the right Effective Date.
- Assistant Payroll
- If it is the previous Quarter, you need to use the last date of the Quarter that has been affected.
- If it is the same Quarter, you need to use the date that is there in the last paycheck.
- Basic, Standard and Payroll:
- You need to put the date which is same as your last paycheck to the quarter that is affected, or you can put the current date if the adjustment is going to affect the current quarter.
- Do either of these:
- If the adjustment is going to affect an employee’s year to date information, click on Employee Adjustment and then choose the Employee who is being affected.
- If you are prompted to remove the balance from Payroll Liability Balance Report, or it needs to be removed because it causes a balance to appear in the Chart Of Accounts, click Company Adjustment.
- Go to Taxes and Liabilities section, click the column that is named Payroll Item and choose the actual payroll item.
- Fill in the amount that needs to be adjusted in the field that corresponds to it.
- Use the Memo columns to fill in what are you making the adjustment for, concerning your future reference.
- Go to to Accounts Affected, click it and choose either of these:
- Do not affect accounts
- Affect liability and expense accounts
- If there are more employees you need to enter, hit Next Adjustment and once more go through the steps mentioned above for every affected employee.
- Hit OK so that you can save the new entries once you are done.
- Go through the Payroll Summary Report once you are done, so that you can verify that the totals are now correct.
- If you are an Assisted Payroll user, send a zero payroll to apply your changes to the Payroll Service.
To fix the payroll liability balance report and the liability check:
- Browse to the payroll bank register and find the payroll check that you created for the old payroll item.
- Right-click it and choose Edit Liability Check.
- Go to Payroll Liability tab, fill in the new payroll item in the place of the old one.
- Hit Close & Save. Click Yes to record the changes you made.
Following these simple steps should fix your liability check for good. If you are unable to perform the above steps on your own, you can get in touch with Intuit tech support help-team to assist you with the step by step procedure.
You can speak with one of our QuickBooks Payroll Customer Service experts present at our QuickBooks helpdesk by calling at the toll-free helpline number 1844 827 3817.