Accounting CS allows users to export different types of data/transactions for subsequent import into QuickBooks Desktop versions that are supported by Intuit. Users usually import payroll transactions into QuickBooks from Accounting CS so that they don’t need to re-enter 9 months of data. With this, you will also be able to export the transactions out of Accounting CS and generate a file with an extension qbw.qbexportdata. This post is created to provide an appropriate and simple way to export payroll transactions into QuickBooks from Accounting CS.
- Important Pointers to be noted
- Accounting CS information available for export payroll transactions to QuickBooks
- Steps to select the export method in Accounting CS
Important Pointers to be noted
- If you use Accounting CS to import and export client data from QuickBooks, you can save time by using the Export Client Data Wizard to map existing data (accounts, vendors, and so on) within Accounting CS to the corresponding items in QuickBooks based on the mappings used during the last import of QuickBooks data client data. If you just use Accounting CS for exports, you’ll have to map your accounts manually every time you export data.
- Only transactions that were entered in Accounting CS or that were retrieved from QuickBooks and then updated in Accounting CS can be transferred.
- You can choose Add as is in applicable mapping screens to add any customer data in the export file that does not already exist in QB during the import into QuickBooks.
Accounting CS information available for export payroll transactions to QuickBooks
It lets you export different types of transactions and setup information to QuickBooks.
- Check (payee and accounts payable)
- Payments (regular and accounts payable)
- Bank reconciliation adjustments
- Journal entries (adjusting, reclassifying, prior-period, recurring, and payroll).
Identifying export options
You can select the application from which to export client data and the sorts of data to remove from the export before exporting client data into QuickBooks.
- Initially, select the Setup >>> Clients and then click on the “Integration” tab
- Next, choose an appropriate client from client list and then click on the “Edit” button
- From the drop-down menu, select the QuickBooks within the “Export to Program” field
- Once done then click on the “Ellipsis” button
- Mark all applicable checkboxes in the “Export Client Data – Options dialog box”
- Select the option to exclude inactive items, choose which details want to include and then specify the default reference to use for various checks and liabilities
- At last, click “Ok” in order to go back to the Clients screen and then hit the “Enter” key to save the client record.
Steps to select the export method in Accounting CS
With the help of QuickBooks Data Utility, you can easily perform the following steps:
- Go to the File menu >>>> Export >>>> Client Data in order to open the Export Client Data Wizard
- Select the client from which you want to import data and then select the “QuickBooks” as the export type
- Select the “Export via the QuickBooks Data Utility (QBgenxfer file) in the “Type of file to create” field
- Enter or browse to the location where you want to save the client’s QuickBooks data
- Specify the data range for which to export client data
- To view transactions that have already been exported to QuickBooks, mark the checkbox “Include previously exported transactions” and then hit the “Next” tab.
Steps for exporting data directly to QuickBooks
The ability to export data straight to a QBW file is not accessible if your organization uses Accounting CS in a Virtual Office CS, Software as a Service, or other terminal server environment. You or your client must have the CS QuickBooks Data Utility v.15.0 or higher installed to transfer the export file from Accounting CS to QuickBooks.
To export data directly to a QBW file, perform the following are required:
- Make sure that QuickBooks should be installed on your system where the export being processed
- The company database must be open in QuickBooks during the export process:
- Select the File menu >>> Export >>> Client Data in order to open the Export Client Data Wizard
- Select the client from which you want to import data within the “Source Data” screen
- And then select the QuickBooks as the export type
- In the Type of file to create field, select the “Export directly to QuickBooks (.QBW file)
- Enter or browse to the location in the “File Location” field where you save the client’s QuickBooks data
- Choose an appropriate QBW file in which you want to store the export data
- Specify the date range for which you want to export the client data
- At last, to view the transactions that have already been exported to QuickBooks, and also mark the checkbox called “Include previously exported transactions” and then hit “Next”.
Mapping QuickBooks data to Accounting CS items
To map export items in Accounting CS that match to items in QuickBooks, use the mapping screens below. Mark the “Skip optional mapping tabs” checkbox in the Source Data screen to skip the data-mapping panels that don’t require your involvement.
- Bank Accounts: Map each Accounting CS bank account to a corresponding QuickBooks bank-type account and then click on the “Next” button.
- Segment Codes: Map each Accounting CS segment to a corresponding class in QuickBooks and then click “Next”.
- Vendors: Map each Accounting CS vendor to a corresponding vendor in QB and then click “Next”.
- Employees: Map each Accounting CS employee to a corresponding employee in QuickBooks and then click “Next”
- Chart of Accounts: Map each account in the Chart of Accounts to a corresponding account in the QB Chart of Accounts followed by the “Next” tab.
Choosing the transactions and finalizing the export process
- Go to the Transactions screen and then select the transactions to add the export file and then click “Next
- Now, a Export Complete screen opens and you have to check any errors encountered during the export process
- Here, you can print then take appropriate actions to fix any failures or exceptions if required
- Click on the “Finish” tab
- If you export directly to a QBW file then the process is successfully completed.
Hopefully, the information outlined above is suggested by QuickBooks and it will be helpful for you in exporting payroll transactions into QuickBooks from Accounting CS. However, it may take a little bit of time to complete the exporting process but it is suggested that you carefully perform each and every single step to get it successfully.